New Addition Countdown

The Baby Is Coming!!!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Diabetes

I'm sure I've mentioned this somewhere in one of these blogs but I have Gestational Diabetes. Which in short means I'm diabetic while I'm pregnant. I am currently on a VERY strong medication, Humulin R(U-500). For those of you with medical/pharmaceutical knowledge.
Anyhow, my sugar has dropped a few times with this medication and one or twice its been during the day when it was just Mason and I. So he saw my hands shaking bad and me sweating quite a bit as well as a few other things. I didn't want to scare him so I would say, "my sugar has dropped and I need to eat/drink something." He has also seen me do just about every shot, as I take 4 a day not to mention checking my sugar(which I'm supposed to do 2 hours after each meal). Yesterday during lunch he had asked to have a soft drink which I NEVER do, I may share my sprite or give him a few sips but that's it. But I told him if he ate his lunch which he rarely does that he could have some. So after eating 5 of his chicken nuggets I opened it up and after drinking some of it out of nowhere he says..."my sugar dropped that's why I'm drinking this!" And of course I didn't have my camera ready so I asked him to say it again while I turned my phone camera on. And this is what I got, hope you can understand him.

Here is what he says "my blood dropped low that's why I'm drinking this." I had to share it. He is too funny and right now my little shadow and helper.

No comments: